I’m also a mother, a wife, and a whole list of other roles. But here my focus is my role as a runner. So here are the goods on me as a runner:
- Age I first started running: 12 (5yrs)
- Age I started running again: 26 (7yrs)
- Age I started running again: 39 (and I haven’t stopped since)
- Why there were gaps: moves, school, divorce
- Years I ran cross country in high school: 1
- Triathlons completed: 1 – Mountain Man Triathlon in 1996
- Marathons completed: 9 (PR in current age group = 3:53:10)
- Half marathons completed: 27 (PR in current age group = 1:50:42)
- 5ks & 10ks completed: I haven’t paid attention because I generally just run those for fun)
- Ragnar Trail Relays completed: 1 – Vail Lake 2015
I’m generally a road runner; I did train on trails to complete Ragnar in 2015, and will probably continue to include a trail run 2-3 times a month.
I am horrible about strength training and stretching BUT I plan to change that.
I have a difficult time with speed work – I don’t have ready access to a track or trail, but I plan to change that too.
I try to keep at least 80% of my diet “clean” but I do enjoy my tequila!
And…that’s the goods on me.