I’m also a mother, a wife, and a million other things. But here my focus is my role as a runner. So here are the goods on me as a runner:
- Age I first started running: 12 (with a few gap years here and there).
- Why there were gaps: moves, school, divorce.
- Years I ran cross country in high school: 1.
- Triathlons completed: 1 – Mountain Man Triathlon in 1996.
- Marathons completed: 17 (PR in current age group = 3:56:50).
- Half marathons completed:39 (PR in current age group = 1:56:42).
- 5ks & 10ks completed: I haven’t paid attention because I generally just run those for fun).
- Ragnar Trail Relays completed: 5 – Vail Lake 2015, Lake Tahoe 2017, Los Coyotes 2017, Los Coyotes 2018, Los Coyotes 2019.
- Ultra-marathons: 3 – Jackpot Ultra 6 hour event (35 miles), 12 hour event x 2 (51 miles, 52 miles).
My heart will always love road running. That said, I cannot imagine not running on a trail on a regular basis.
I suck at being consistent with weight training, but I’m getting better.
I have a love hate with speed work: I enjoy tempo workouts, but dread laps.
I try to keep at least 80% of my diet “clean” and about 60% plant-based. And I do enjoy my tequila!
I’m just using this blog to share my running journey. Runners come in all shapes, sizes, beliefs, and attitudes, so some of what I write might resonate with some, and other things will resonate with nobody. Hopefully I can be entertaining, if not a bit informative!